Can authoritarianism be fought with technology? Can Bitcoin-derived technologies help us gain control of our finances, governments, and data? Can humanity be steered towards a brighter technological future? In System Override, you will hear from a diverse array of the top leaders and experts about the technologies and movements shaping our shared technological future. The book is more than a deeply thoughtful, beautifully written look into possibilities for humanity, it is a rapidly-versioning experiment in collaboration.
With System Override, you will:
- Learn how cryptocurrencies relate to freedom from a famed Bitcoin educator.
- Discover how your data is used to manipulate you and how you can own your own data with blockchain from Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Brittany Kaiser.
- Learn how your devices are used against you and free alternatives from the founder of the free software movement and GNU, Richard Stallman, and privacy-focused CEO of Purism, Todd Weaver.
- Understand why robust collaboration and debate make for a better world online and off from former President of the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union), Nadine Strossen.
- Learn how democracy can be salvaged from the forces of corruption and apathy using blockchain from founders of El Partido de la Red (the internet political party in Latin America) and Democracy Earth, Pia Mancini & Santiago Siri.
System Override is an insightful, unique look into how ordinary people and new technologies can create a more free, prosperous, and inclusive future.